We want your stories!
On Sunday June 15th we will be holding our 3rd annual evening of Ocean Shorts and Stories at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic (1675 Lower Water Street)! We had a terrific list of submissions this year! Check out this years ocean shorts here!
Thank you to all the filmmakers from near and far for submitting your ocean short!
Deadline: May 31, 2014 – closed for 2014. Will open up again in Fall for 2015
General Submission Criteria
We welcome submissions from anyone — students, scientists, amateur and professional filmmakers… if you have a story about the coast or ocean, we want to hear it! If you are interested in being submitting a film for our festival, here are some general guidelines:
• Film must tie into a coastal, ocean or marine theme or issue. Underwater footage not required!
• All types of themes and tones are welcome.
• A strong narrative or story is preferred.
• Length: we suggest filmmakers submit short films that are 15 minutes or less. Best to keep it short.
• Film and its contents must be your original work.
How to Submit your Short
There are two ways in which you can get us your short:
1) If you live in the Halifax area and would like to drop off your film and/or you would like to send us your short on a dvd by snail mail, please send use the following address:
c/o Jarrett Corke
5251 Duke Street
Duke Tower Suite 1202
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 1P3
2) Alternatively, you can upload your short to youtube, Vimeo, Wistia or any other viewing platform and send us the link. We like this option the best.
It’s as easy as that!